New South Wales
Who We’re Looking For
Content Writer – Sydney
Reviews.org serves over 1.5 million readers in Australia and the US every month. Here in Australia, we’re looking for a specialist with a keen eye for detail and a curious mind to help make Reviews.org the biggest product review website in Australia.
What is Reviews.org?
We research and review the services and gadgets you use every day, like the latest iPhone, your next broadband provider, even tonight’s TV binge.
Delving deep into the details without flooding readers with too much information is a key reason why so many Australians visit our site every single day. It’s not just reviews though (despite the name), an important part of our process is keeping readers up to date with news and how-to guides.
We’re not necessarily looking for years of experience, just somebody with an engaging editorial voice and the ability to approach every article, review, and news story with a refreshing and unique take.
We hope to teach you a thing or two about writing for the internet (it’s what we do best), but we want you to bring a new perspective to the table. That involves an appetite for learning, initiative when exploring new topic areas, and an excitement for what you do. After all, we’re writing about smartphones, television, video games, and the internet. That’s pretty exciting.
Our ideal candidate isn’t just interested in what we do, but how and why we do it.
We want someone who can:
- Research phone, internet, and pay-TV topics and translate this into content that anyone can understand. Even your mum.
- Write with empathy and address the needs of our audience.
- Learn to utilise SEO tactics and standard methodologies to make sure as many people visit our site as possible.
- Learn to report on content performance and take pride in these achievements.
- Build and manage relationships with the people in our industry.
- Be comfortable in front of the camera from time to time.
Our next team member should:
- Be able to write in an engaging way regardless of the audience.
- Have excellent organisational skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Have strong digital literacy, with a basic understanding of HTML being desirable.
- Be able to perform well with minimal direction.
- Proactively approach problem-solving.
- May have something extra to bring to the role, like Photoshop skills or some experience with video editing.
To stand out from the crowd, please send us a Cover Letter and tell us about yourself. Almost no one bothers with cover letters, but they really help. Pro tip: don’t stuff your cover letter with big words and business jargon. Be authentic, help us get an idea of who you are.
WhistleOut is a fun and friendly workplace with a bias for action. We value personal freedom, openness to frequent change and new insights. We have an editorial team with specialised roles and capabilities and we’d love you to join us.
More About WhistleOut
WhistleOut, a Clearlink company, has been helping empower consumers through information since 2009, focusing on internet, wireless and TV options. We built our own comparison platform to help capture, distill, and display offerings available to each specific consumer in a user-friendly way that removes the complexity and centers important information on one page. Inspired by comprehensive, thoroughly-researched, and most importantly, unbiased information, our platform serves as a one-stop solution that helps users get the right product or service at the right price, through a quick and intuitive process.
The WhistleOut culture is driven by a group of people diverse in their experience, backgrounds, and perspectives, all working across teams collaboratively and striving to serve our customers. We empower our employees to own their own careers and pursue innovation at both the individual and collective level. We understand that there is no growth without learning, and are committed to providing ample learning and development opportunities to every single employee at WhistleOut. While we value hard work, we also understand the importance of striking a healthy work/life balance and supporting the wellbeing of our employees.