Salt Lake City
Job Posting Title:
Who We’re Looking For
Data Engineer – Salt Lake City
We understand the power of (quality) data. It elevates the user experience, reveals patterns, and provides valuable insights that have a direct impact on our bottom line.
And that’s why we’re looking to increase data’s role in our current strategy.
If sifting through analytics and breaking down complex information is your idea of fun, there’s a whole mess of adventure and excitement headed your way.
As a Data Engineer at Clearlink, you’ll work directly with our analytics team, responsible for managing, optimizing, and monitoring data retrieval, storage, and distribution throughout the organization.
You’ll find trends. Track inconsistencies. Communicate your findings to a broader audience. And help various department leaders turn those complicated stats and algorithms into effective marketing strategies.
Let’s crunch some numbers.
Breaking Down Your Day-to-Day
- Optimize data (both underlying data structure and delivery method) for use by reporting platforms
- Learn and assist with our Extract Transform and Load (ETL) process for bringing data into /*and out of the*/ warehouse in order to turn it into usable information
- Migrate our ETL into a more precisely dependency oriented parallel processing application
- Stand-up API endpoints and other delivery mechanisms along with their underlying integrations for use with our internal and external IT partners
- Provide architectural solutions and assist in evolving our data platform
- Partner with various users company wide to build a strong data driven culture through the use of information-based decision making
- Help users access and understand the data and metrics in the data warehouse
- Develop appropriate new metrics to be used across the business
- Build ad hoc reports for various stakeholders
What You Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 2 years of SQL query experience
- Python and/or PHP experience
- Experience with Object Oriented/Programmatic ETL/Data Integration Workflow Management Services (e.g., Airflow, AWS Step Functions, and other similar solutions)
- Familiarity with AWS Service Architecture (FaaS, IaaS, IaC, CI/CD, Analytical/DB services, DevOps, etc.)
- Clickstream web analytics data management experience
- In-depth quality assurance expertise
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to translate complex technical language to easily understood messages for
- High degree of independent judgement and love for solving complex problems
- Comfortability with auditing data to verify integrity and identify discrepancies
- Knowledge in web design – BI and Analytical dashboards
What We Offer
- Competitive pay
- Award-winning healthcare coverage and wellness programming, including onsite massage therapists, yoga classes, and personalized nutrition and fitness coaching
- 401(k) matching
- Investment in your personal development: tuition reimbursement, leadership programming, opportunities for industry conferences and influence
- Generous PTO and work / life integration
More About Clearlink
Clearlink, a SYKES company, is an award-winning digital marketing and sales company headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. Clearlink’s leading-edge technology and 2,000 digital marketing, sales, and data science experts are the reason it’s been a trusted partner for Fortune 500 companies since 2003. Clearlink’s people-focused culture has been recognized internationally for strong leadership, business growth, innovative employee initiatives, and corporate social responsibility. As the global leader in Intelligent CX, Clearlink is committed to providing intuitive, connected, and engaging experiences throughout the customer journey.
And in the past year alone, Clearlink and our people have been honored with over a dozen awards, including:
- Utah Business Magazine’s SAMY Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 40 Under 40 Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 30 Women to Watch Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 20 in Their 20s Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s Fast 50 Awards
- Search Engine Land Awards, Best In-house SEO Team Finalist
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Viral Campaign Award
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Media Relations Campaign Award
- Utah Diversity Connection, Large Business Diversity Award
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Health and Wellness
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Developing and Promoting Women in Business
- The Stevie Awards, People-focused CEO of the Year
- Utah Business Magazine’s CEO of the Year
- Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces Award
- Women Tech Council’s Shatter List
Salt Lake City