Salt Lake City
Job Posting Title:
Managing Editor (Internet Service/Tech) – Consumer Marketing, Salt Lake City
Who We’re Looking For
If you’re a tech geek with mad love for the internet and a passion for coaching writers and editors, you may have found your new home. We need a strong manager, editor, marketer, and communicator who can work with other leaders, listen to other people’s ideas, and ask for candid feedback in the spirit of always improving.
As a full-time Managing Editor (Internet Service/Tech), you’ll manage a talented copy team and lead editorial strategy for multiple internet-focused websites in our Consumer Brands division. These teams are growing, and your leadership will play a key role in that expansion. As you own the copy for these teams, you’ll take complex ideas and make them accessible to help folks find the internet service and internet-related products they need.
It’s an exciting challenge. But if you love throwing words on the page and helping writers and editors grow, we should meet.
Why You’ll Love the Consumer Brands Team:
- We always fight for the user. At the core of everything we do is the desire to elevate the customer experience and create something that makes readers’ lives better. We take our work—and our dreams—seriously.
- Work in a unique, collaborative environment where we share ideas freely and individuals are empowered to affect change.
- Share in the thrill of building (sometimes from scratch!) web properties and brands that simplify the customer journey.
- Be part of a culture that recognizes and rewards effort.
- Surround yourself with some of Utah's best marketing minds and leave work each day having learned something new.
Breaking Down Your Day-to-Day
- Lead the internet copy team and help execute editorial strategy and vision in the content.
- Write high-quality, authoritative content and appear on videos as an outward-facing authority
- Own editorial strategy, planning, and calendar.
- Manage, supervise, and mentor writers and editors.
- Support expansion on a rapidly growing team.
- Give career coaching and craft-specific feedback to writers and editors.
- Collaborate with Marketing Managers, Content Strategists, Compliance Specialists, Developers, Designers, Creative Director, and Copy Director to ensure we’re producing the best, most useful content possible.
- Embrace giving and receiving candid feedback.
- Champion UX/editing/writing best practices.
- Develop tone/voice guidelines, user personas, and other materials essential for creating high-quality copy that resonates with users.
- Be an authority in the industry and learn from competitors’ content.
- Review content and maintain quality standards.
- Respond to media inquiries and complete interviews as necessary
- Attend events related to technology, internet services, and internet products
What You’ll Need
- A demonstrable passion for all things internet and tech (preferably in direct relation to journalism or content marketing)
- Experience managing a team of writers or editors
- Strong writing and editing experience
- Basic knowledge of SEO, PPC, content strategy, and CRO
- Degree in English, marketing, or related field
- 2+ years management experience
- 3+ years in advertising, online marketing, or related field
- 5+ years in writing and editing
- Ability to complete test projects
What We Offer
- Competitive pay
- Award-winning healthcare coverage and wellness programming, including onsite massage therapists, yoga classes, and personalized nutrition and fitness coaching
- 401(k) matching
- Investment in your personal development: tuition reimbursement, leadership programming, opportunities for industry conferences and influence
- Generous PTO and work/life integration
More About Clearlink
Clearlink, a SYKES company, is an award-winning digital marketing and sales company headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. Clearlink's leading-edge technology and 2,000 digital marketing, sales, and data science experts are the reason it’s been a trusted partner for Fortune 500 companies since 2003. Clearlink’s people-focused culture has been recognized internationally for strong leadership, business growth, innovative employee initiatives, and corporate social responsibility. As the global leader in Intelligent CX, Clearlink is committed to providing intuitive, connected, and engaging experiences throughout the customer journey.
And in the past year alone, Clearlink and our people have been honored with over a dozen awards, including:
- Utah Business Magazine’s SAMY Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 40 Under 40 Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 30 Women to Watch Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 20 in Their 20s Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s Fast 50 Awards
- Search Engine Land Awards, Best In-house SEO Team Finalist
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Viral Campaign Award
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Media Relations Campaign Award
- Utah Diversity Connection, Large Business Diversity Award
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Health and Wellness
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Developing and Promoting Women in Business
- The Stevie Awards, People-focused CEO of the Year
- Utah Business Magazine’s CEO of the Year
- Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces Award
- Women Tech Council’s Shatter List
Salt Lake City