Staff Writer – Internet
Out of an abundance of caution for the current situation with the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are offering a completely virtual hiring process; this means all your interview steps will be completed via phone or video meeting. We also offer work from home, with the understanding that in the future this role may transition to an in-office, onsite position in our Salt Lake City office. While our day-to-day approach has changed a bit during this time, our dedication to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them to thrive both personally and professionally is stronger than ever.
The Staff Writer demonstrates deep authority and understanding of Internet and telecommunication services, products, and related tech for Review.org, both internally on the team at Clearlink and externally as an outward-facing expert.
This role is responsible for informing the public and internal teams about industry knowledge, trends, and topics. This role writes content, owns product testing methodology and maintenance, represents the brand as the expert in their industry, builds valuable connections with journalists, and on occasion, completes interviews for news outlets.
The Staff Writer owns Internet category priority pages for Reviews.org, closely collaborates with the Copy team on product testing and methodology, and helps to support asset management efforts.
This role can only be fulfilled by someone who is passionate about sharing news related to technology products and services and can build a reputation as an expert—in a public-facing capacity. This role works closely with the Managing Editor and Copywriters to ensure the creation of accurate, helpful content in the Internet and telecommunication industries.
- Superior writing and public speaking skills
- Highly collaborative
- Excellent researcher
- Superior industry knowledge (Internet and telecommunication technology)
Can be promoted from within or hired externally.
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, Psychology, or similar discipline from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience.
Requires more than 3 years of related experience. Requires solid knowledge in digital marketing across various channels, specifically in content strategy, SEO, SEM, UX, design, and copy. Requires familiarity with analytics platforms, click/eye-tracking tools, and conversion optimization. Requires understanding of product and service review methodology/processes.
Sr. Staff Writer, Editorial Lead, Managing Editor
Reports to the Managing Editor
Requires writing samples with a demonstrated understanding of marketing writing, standard processes, and UX best practices. Demonstrated prior mentoring experience and aptitude preferred. Minimum experience 3+ years.
- Writes high-quality content for Reviews.org (60%)
- Writes high-impact content pieces on Reviews.org
- Co-owns Internet vertical. (priority pages, editorial stance documentation, etc.)
- Writes content that requires little to no editing and can be turned around quickly
- Product testing / methodology (30%)
- Product testing
- Works with asset management to acquire and store new and existing products
- Maintains product testing methodology documentation
- Works with the copy team for best practices on product testing
- Makes recommendations for product testing
- Attends Internet and telecommunication technology events (5%)
- Attends conventions, trade shows, and/or other events to keep up-to-date on new products, services, or innovations in Internet and telecommunication technology
- Builds connections with others who work in the Internet and telecommunication technology industry
- Guest posts / interviews (5%)
- Works with Outreach to write guest posts for pitches received
- Builds links and authority for Reviews.org
- Continuously builds a journalistic reputation online
- Completes email and phone interviews as opportunities arise
- Acts as an authority for safety and security news and trends
More About Clearlink
Clearlink, a SYKES company, is an award-winning digital marketing, sales conversion, and technology company, headquartered in Salt Lake City. A trusted partner for Fortune 500 companies since 2003, Clearlink delivers intuitive and engaging experiences throughout the customer journey that connect consumers with the products and services they need. Clearlink’s people-focused culture has been recognized internationally for strong leadership, business growth, innovative employee initiatives, and corporate social responsibility.
We are a company that lives by CLEAR values: Create Community, Learn and Grow, Embrace Opportunity, Act Like an Owner, Respect Every Person. That means that when you come to work for Clearlink, you’ll be surrounded by people that care for each other, care about every person being able to be the most authentic version of themselves, and care about making the communities around them a better place. Clearlink is a place that will empower you to take true ownership of your career and provide all the support needed to help you turn challenges into opportunities to grow!
People have taken notice of all the phenomenal things happening here at Clearlink! Over the last couple of years, we’ve been recognized with dozens of awards, such as:
- Utah Business Magazine’s SAMY Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 40 Under 40 Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 30 Women to Watch Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 20 in Their 20s Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s Fast 50 Awards
- Search Engine Land Awards, Best In-house SEO Team Finalist
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Viral Campaign Award
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Media Relations Campaign Award
- Utah Diversity Connection, Large Business Diversity Award
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Health and Wellness
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Developing and Promoting Women in Business
- The Stevie Awards, People-focused CEO of the Year
- Utah Business Magazine’s CEO of the Year
- Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces Award
- Women Tech Council’s Shatter List
In addition to the competitive pay and a healthy work/life integration, Clearlink offers industry-leading benefits to support you both inside and outside of the workplace. Some of the benefits include:
- An award-winning wellness program with a path to have 100% of healthcare premiums paid in full (over 80% of employees have 90%-100% of their premiums covered by Clearlink)
- 401K matching, tuition reimbursement, dedicated budget for conferences and certifications training/certification opportunities
- Annual Trip of a Lifetime winners from each department that get to choose anywhere in the world to visit, and everyone in the larger group of finalists get a consolation prize of a week in a tropical paradise like Hawaii, Jamaica, or Mexico
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Access to yoga, meditation, counseling, outdoor and wellness activities like mountain biking and paddle boarding, and much more
*Everyone is a part; no one is apart. Ours is a community for everyone. We embrace diversity in experience, identity, and perspective, not only to help each of us learn and grow, but also to expand the capabilities of our business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.