Salt Lake City
Job Posting Title:
Industry: Internet marketing and publishing
We are looking for a web designer to work within our in-house web publishing team, work on branding, theming and engaging user experiences for individual sites, and contribute to our larger design system frameworks.
The ideal candidate is proficient in working within design systems by designing and utilizing design patterns and established frameworks. They can build and evolve brands, and is highly proficient in UX best practices and how they translate to web design and UI. They’re comfortable working with developers and CSS frameworks, as well as collaborating well with marketers and other team members. We want someone who is passionate about design systems and UX, can learn quickly, and is comfortable with constant change. A desire to understand the customer journey and create design that drives actionable results is a must.
Bachelor Degree in graphic design or equivalent degree or experience
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum experience 3+ years. Typical incumbent experience level 4+ years.
- Ability to juggle numerous projects with competing deadlines
- Strong knowledge of responsive web design principles, typography, user interfaces, web standards and user experience best practices.
- Strong portfolio showing responsive web design work and UX problem solving.
- Expected to work within design systems and CSS frameworks.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, in writing and orally, both in one-on-one and in group presentation situations.
- Passion for building engaging user experiences.
- The ability to take / provide constructive and positive feedback
Breaking down your day-to-day:
Your duties will range between brand building, web design, and designing UX optimized product experiences. You’ll create and/or update brand identities and guidelines for all touchpoints with our brands: responsive websites, video, outreach, social. You’ll be working within and contributing to design systems that our portfolio of sites work within, helping build frameworks for websites meant for scalability, maintainability, and quality user experiences. You’ll work with the team to continually refine and improve team processes and techniques to increase the team’s productivity and higher quality output. You’ll collaborate with developers, marketing managers, content strategists , SEO specialists, project managers, and copywriters.
You’re expected to stay hungry with new UX best practices for design and UI, understanding user pain points and designing the best products to deliver engaging experiences. You’ll take complex problems and make them stupid simple for users. You’ll take ownership of projects and take on tasks big and small to make sure they’re executed with the highest quality.
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Tools (job specific):
- Adobe Creative Suite; Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign (rare use)
- Basic HTML & CSS Knowledge
- Basic Illustration & photography skills (advanced skills a plus)
We take some of the world’s largest brands to new levels of success.
We are playmakers, game-changers, and go-getters—motivated by the relationships we create and the businesses we represent. We love data. We believe in big ideas. And we always fight for the user. At the core of everything we do is the desire to elevate the customer experience and create something worth talking about. We take our work—and our dreams—seriously.
What We Offer
Award-winning healthcare coverage and wellness programming, including onsite massage therapists, yoga classes, and personalized nutrition and fitness coaching
Investment in your personal development: tuition reimbursement, leadership programming, opportunities for industry conferences and influence
Generous PTO and work / life integration
Clearlink, a SYKES company, is an award-winning digital marketing and sales company headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. Clearlink’s leading-edge technology and 2,000 digital marketing, sales, and data science experts are the reason it’s been a trusted partner for Fortune 500 companies since 2003. Clearlink’s people-focused culture has been recognized internationally for strong leadership, business growth, innovative employee initiatives, and corporate social responsibility. As the global leader in Intelligent CX, Clearlink is committed to providing intuitive, connected, and engaging experiences throughout the customer journey.
And in the past year alone, Clearlink and our people have been honored with over a dozen awards, including:
- Utah Business Magazine’s SAMY Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 40 Under 40 Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 30 Women to Watch Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 20 in Their 20s Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s Fast 50 Awards
- Search Engine Land Awards, Best In-house SEO Team Finalist
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Viral Campaign Award
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Media Relations Campaign Award
- Utah Diversity Connection, Large Business Diversity Award
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Health and Wellness
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Developing and Promoting Women in Business
- The Stevie Awards, People-focused CEO of the Year
- Utah Business Magazine’s CEO of the Year
- Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces Award
- Women Tech Council’s Shatter List
Salt Lake City